Swisscontact promotes economic, social and ecological development by supporting people to successfully integrate into local commercial life. Swisscontact creates opportunities for people to improve their living conditions as a result of their own efforts. The focus of its systemic intervention in the private sector is the strengthening of local and global value chains. Through its projects, Swisscontact works to enable access to professional training, promotes local entrepreneurship, creates access to local financial service providers and supports the efficient use of resources with the goal of successfully promoting employment and income generation. The foundation is based in Zurich, Switzerland. With 86 million in annual turnover in 2016, Swisscontact is now implementing more than 100 projects in 34 countries with more than 1,200 staff. Swisscontact has been active in Indonesia for the past 43 years.
Equality for Sustainable Cocoa Production (ESCP) is currently accepting applications with starting work in June for the position of:
Gender and Community Development Coordinator
Based in Pinrang, Sulawesi Selatan (Job Code: ADV.000033)
Responsible for the smooth implementation and coordination of monitoring and evaluation activities, for the specific quality and timely results and follows all necessary administrative and financial regulation related to implementation of Equality for Sustainable Cocoa Production (ESCP).
- Identify potential target groups for the piloting area of &ampampampampampampampampampnbspEquality for Sustainable Cocoa Production (ESCP) in cocoa-producing area
- Prepare trainings or other capacity building activities in order to improve equality of men and women participation in the Gender Action Learning System (GALS) approach
- Provide inputs in the development of strategy for SCPP\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s intervention for gender equity in accordance with ESCP Implementation Plans
- Provide inputs to training modules, learning materials, and implementation of GALS approach that are relevant to agriculture or cocoa farming
- Work with program implementation team to set priority for the implementation of the plans
- Collect information related to gender equity required for the program to ensure program&ampampampampampampampampampamprsquos awareness on the latest trends in the sector
- Monitor the implementation on related activities and policies in the local context
- In collaboration with Monitoring and Result Measurement Team, prepare data and information for report, lessons learnt, publications , case studies, manuals, etc.
- Contribute to the preparation of presentations, speeches and papers, etc.
- Prepare term of references, monthly quarterly report and supporting documents required for the implementation of the approach
- Conduct coordination with local government agency related to the and review term of references and reports
- in collaboration with Monitoring and Result Measurement unit, elaborates and assures that monitoring is conducted according to the framework.
- Carries out coaching and mentoring to the target groups
- Support the program implementation team to ensure program\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s intervention in gender equity and community development are well planned, monitored and evaluated with purpose to align SCPP practice with the state of the art in the topics
- Participate and contribute in workshops and conferences on the cocoa agricultural sector related to&ampampampampampampampampampnbsp gender equity and community development as efforts for advocacy, dissemination and knowledge sharing Assist PR and Media Team to develop content for communication materials related to gender equity such as posters, flip charts, brochure, flyer, etc.
- Participate in related gender platform both local and nationally .
- Degree in relevant field of social related subject, sociology, political science, or related fields fromanaccreditedacademicinstitution
- At least 5 years or more of professional work experience in community development and/or related gender sensitive issues
- Knowledge and understanding of rural development issues and relevant work experience in the field of Gender equality applied to rural development work
- Familiar with gender and child labor issues in Indonesia
- Experience with capacity building and training facilitation
- Has a good networking with NGOs both international and local, and with various government institutions/ agencies national or local
- Experience in working and/or liaising with the communities and various partners and institutions
- Strong proficiency in use of Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill -Bahasa Indonesia (advanced level) and English (at least intermediate level)
- Possess good knowledge of Village Law (Undang-undang Desa)
- Good knowledge on gender and advocacy for gender mainstreaming village fund
- Excellent skill in training facilitation