Swisscontact promotes economic, social and ecological development by supporting people to successfully integrate into local commercial life. Swisscontact creates opportunities for people to improve their living conditions as a result of their own efforts. The focus of its systemic intervention in the private sector is the strengthening of local and global value chains. Through its projects, Swisscontact works to enable access to professional training, promotes local entrepreneurship, creates access to local financial service providers and supports the efficient use of resources with the goal of successfully promoting employment and income generation. The foundation is based in Zurich, Switzerland. With 86 million in annual turnover in 2016, Swisscontact is now implementing more than 100 projects in 34 countries with more than 1,200 staff. Swisscontact has been active in Indonesia for the past 43 years.
Skills for Competitiveness (S4C)
The S4C-Project is implemented by the Swiss Foundation for Technical Cooperation (Swisscontact), the Bern University of Applied Sciences (BFH-CDC) and the Association for Swiss International Technical Connection (SITECO) working in close collaboration with the Industrial Human Resource Development Agency (IHRDA) of the Ministry of Industry (MoI) and Directorate General of Vocational Education (DGVE) of the Ministry of Education and Culture (MOEC). Through the strengthening of Polytechnic institutes (Polys) in selected sectors and geographic locations and the improvement of structures and services at the interface between Polys and industry to improve quality and relevance of the overall Poly system in Indonesia.
Senior Program Officer School Development
Based in Jakarta, DKI Jakarta (Job Code: ADV.000056)
The main workplace is located at Swisscontact Jakarta country office: Open position as Senior Program Officer School Development will stay at S4C project office in Jakarta and on demand will visit 5 Polytechnics/Community College located in Sulawesi and Java.
The contract on an annual basis ends each December and can be renewed each year. The project is expected to end in 2025.
The Sr. Program Officer will focus on the technical assistance for the establishment and strengthening of the 5 Polytechnics.
- Management Systems and Processes
Coach the activities to strengthen school managerial processes:
- Strategic and operational planning, quality assurance, accreditation processes, admin processes
- Student affairs development
- Research and community services development
- Dual like Training Development:
Establish and develop the "dualization" of TVET:
- Change from the theory focused teaching to practical learning
- Occupational profiles, curricula and training material development
- Strengthening the teaching and technical skills lecturers / industry lecturers
- School management and leadership experience
- Knowledge about the Indonesian Polytechnic/Community College and TVET system
- At least 5 years of relevant working experience in Vocational Education and Training institutions (VET)
- Accreditation, curriculum development, teacher training, Research and community services, public-private cooperation, strategic planning
- Strong communication skills in English & Bahasa Indonesia
- Desirable: Degree/working in a technical sector (metal, industrial manufacturing, food, wood)
Please visit https://recruitment.swisscontact.or.id for further application submission